CHICAGO — Evergreen Real Estate Group has been retained to manage nine affordable housing communities totaling 1,071 units across Illinois, Kansas, Ohio and Wisconsin. The properties include a mix of affordable housing for families, seniors and people with disabilities.
Chicago-based Evergreen now manages more than 8,500 units across the country. The new assignments include:
- Brookhaven Apartments, a 181-unit affordable housing community in Gurnee, Ill.
- Carter Manor Apartments, a 270-unit affordable community for seniors and disabled individuals in Cleveland
- Johnstown Towers, a 91-unit affordable housing community in Salina, Kan.
- Oakdale Plaza Apartments, a 38-unit affordable housing community in Salina, Kan.
- Legacy Lofts, a 64-unit mixed-income housing community in Milwaukee
- The Martha Washington Apartments, a 104-unit affordable seniors housing community in Chicago
- Martin Avenue Apartments, a 122-unit affordable seniors housing community in Naperville, Ill.
- Neosho Plaza Apartments, a 33-unit affordable housing community in Council Grove, Kan.
- Neilan Park Apartments, a 168-unit affordable housing community in Hamilton, Ohio
As property manager, Evergreen will oversee operations. Additionally, in some communities Evergreen will make improvements and upgrades to the buildings using low-income housing tax credits and other subsidies.